Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. Users can ask us to share the data we have stored in relation to them and we will supply it. We do not continue to store a user’s data if it is no longer needed for us to provide services to that user.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Motivation Agency Ltd may collect and use users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you
- You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Lawful purposes for processing personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) for example:
- to run our business;
- to recover debts due to us;
- to provide administration and IT services;
- to provide network security;
- to prevent fraud;
- to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services;
- to keep our websites updated;
- to develop our products and services;
- to grow our business and define our marketing strategy;
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out emails or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
We may share your information with the following third parties for the lawful purposes listed above:
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the Unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request").
This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third
and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this
you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are
your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- You request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
contact us at:
The Motivation Agency 2, Minton Place, Victoria Road, Bicester, OX26 6QB or email firstname.lastname@example.org